Friday, September 30, 2011

The gimmick, the mimic, the jig is up: the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth - reworked.

You know that scene in Bridget Jones's Diary when she realizes her take on life has been completely all wrong and she decides to take control of things and makes that big, impactful move of changing the (gasp!) name of her diary to Diary of Bridget Jones?!  Yeah, this is kind of like that.
I created this blog a long time ago - January 2010 to be exact. It was supposed to be an extension of my other blog, Fashion Candy, to show photos of my awesomely creative and fashionable daily outfits. What a bust!  I just couldn't drive myself to blog everyday,  take pictures of myself everyday, be funny and witty everyday, get DRESSED everyday, and communicate with readers I was never really sure actually existed.  Are you guys there?!?!  Time for a fresh start.
It all started with the blog title.  Have you seen the movie Ma Vie En Rose?  If you haven't I HIGHLY recommend that you run to your closest Blockbuster (do they still exist?!) and rent it.  Wait, they probably won't have it!  Order it from Netflix - hold on, I don't think it's available there either.  Looks like Amazon wins on this one!  And you get to keep it!  The luck!  Anywho, I was soo happy to find the title was available, and it was MINE!  ALL MINE!!  Well, it's been mine for over a year now and I've been greedy and have done nothing with it.  Who knows how many people have had their hearts broken and blogging dreams smashed because they had a huge dream of starting a blog with the title Ma Vie En Fashion but the name was already taken and not only that but just sitting there in the blogosphere doing nothing?!  I assure you I don't usually run around slaying dreams!!  So my friends, I've decided to take some action, get back to being creative, and blog just to blog with nothing to prove, no one to impress, and no intention of taking over and becoming queen of the Blogging Kingdom.  Am I saying I had those intentions before?  Maybe...
Be forewarned, this is going to be the LONGEST opening blog post ever.  I believe the title is in the lead as well.  Sorry if I'm 5 paragraphs too late to be warning you.  If you can believe it, I had actually written a much longer essay-esque intro (which I just deleted!) all about my journey with fashion from as long ago as high school to thus point, but then I thought, "who the eff cares?!"  And with that being said, let's get down to brass tax and start actually blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment