Wednesday, October 5, 2011

J'adore Fall

A lovely fall Sunday morning in NYC.

Spontaneous downpour that had us huddling under a rooftop.

Back to the streets!  
Unbeknownst to you (unless you're stalking me) I just moved from Los Angeles with my guy and pup to Manhattan to re-embrace east coast culture (I'm originally from Pennsylvania) and to find work in fashion publications (obviously) - more on that later!!  My honey-pie sugar-bear and I had a lovely weekend and welcomed the fall weather with great enthusiasm.  We ditched unpacking the towers of boxes that engulf our entire shoebox apartment for venturing around the city.  On the way to brunch I said to honey-pie sugar-bear, "Honey-Pie Sugar-Bear," TOTES kidding!!  I don't really call him that!  "Can we cut through Bloomingdales and peruse a bit?"  To which he replied, "I would love to peruse a bit."  To which I replied, "I LOVE that you would LOVE that!"  See how early on I let you in on such an intimate conversation??  I was honestly more excited that we both just used the word "peruse."  It turned out to be a great Sunday that included not only Bloomingdales and brunch, but the dog park on the east river, cappuccinos (because nothing says "fall" more than a soy cappuccino with cinnamon), random dvd purchases (Home Alone 2 anyone??), and an evening watching Hocus Pocus next to a pumpkin spice candle.  Ahhh J'adore fall!

*Side note End of page" note:  While my blog title and title of this post might lead you to think otherwise, I am not bilingual.  I just write in French sometimes to sound fancy.  Fooled ya huh?  Also, if you are stalking me, I have to say it's a bit too early.  We're only two posts in.  At least wait for the post when I mention where I live, how I spend each hour of my day, and tweet my every whereabout.  It'll make it much easier on you!  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment