Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Gucci Mob

I realize I have a bit of a problem collecting fashion magazines.  Even worse though is my addiction to ripping inspiration from said magazines.  I probably look like I'm in a horrendous rage when flipping through Vogue - shredding the magazine into pieces.  It's my penchant for leaving the tear sheets all of my apartment that really kills it.  My guy will pick them up from random places such as scattered across the floor, under the bed blankets, in the fridge...  When questioned what I need them for I just roll my eyes and stash them away somewhere else random.  I've finally begun to actually use the storage folder I bought almost two years ago!  In an attempt to collect less and decrease the amount of clutter (my guy's description, not mine) I have cancelled most of my subscriptions, which is why I am currently sitting at Barnes & Nobles scouring the latest publications that will sadly not find a home on my shelf - or floor.  I have to keep reminding my hand when I see something I like to not rip from the pages I do not own.  And so, when it comes to Gucci's fall/winter 2011/2012 ad campaign I have pulled from the internet and therefore can also share with you!  


The boss.  That's a bad mama-jama right there.

The right-hand woman.  That bag is locked and loaded.

We'll assume they have sensitive retinas...

The brains of the operation.
(Who knew his and her glasses could be so sexy?! Gucci of course! Duh!)

"Do I smell a rat?"

"Nope, just another cheek..."

Outcast or drug-induced couch love affair?

"Excuse me while I use your dress to present my powerpoint slides."

I can't help but imagine a time where the mafia uses high-fashion to kill and holds its meetings at Studio54.  My brain works in mysterious ways I know.  The film noir vibe, jewel tones, luscious fabrics, perfectly sleek lego hair, creative use of background imagery, repetitive use of perfectly tied neck-bows, and the pops of color on top of "dark corners for doing dark deeds" is something I can get down with.  Bravo Gucci.  Bravo.

Oh yeah.  She could join this party.

No comments:

Post a Comment