Thursday, October 20, 2011

Versace for H&M


Oh no.  It's happening again... Another designer collaboration with a retail store.  Does this mean more mass hysteria?!?!?  My boyfriend is probably hiding under the bed right now as he encountered firsthand my own freakout over Missoni for Target.  I am not really a label whore and in the past have only so much as browsed such collections, making the occasional purchase here and there if I truly LOVED a piece.  However, in this past instance, I have always been a diehard fan of the iconic Missoni print, not for the high-end stature, but more for what it represents to me.  My favorite decade is the 70s disco era and I find myself quite often dreaming of dancing the night away at Studio 54 wearing not much more than a Missoni one piece a la...


...a fur coat, and ginormous platform wedges, but alas, I was conceived 3 or 4 decades too late.  Or were my parents?  Either way, that ship has sunk and so when Missoni was released for Target I admit, I freaked a bit.  I ended up buying just about everything I wanted (only a mere 11 pieces! - damn that espresso set for selling out and eff Target for never sending me the iphone case and umbrella which I'm still holding out hope for) but I was a bit disappointed by the actual quality which is always an issue in these collaborations.  And so, with caution, I will try to approach Versace for H&M with a discerning eye.  I honestly haven't been too excited for this collaboration, but today the internet was abuzz with images of the full collection, and I have to admit I am impressed with more than a few pieces.  And so, without further ado, here are the pieces that caught my eye.  I may or may not make a few purchases on November 17th when the collection is released if I can beat out all those greedy little ebay hands...

Pretty fantastic.  

Business in the front, party on the sleeves.
For those that want some flair to the average office ensemble.

Gorgeous.  Fab color and 10pts for good use of a Bedazzler.
This may be a winner.

Hot date dress, but potential for clingy fabric to show the goods off early.
Make him work for that shit ladies!!

Maybe.  Maybe...

I'm always a sucker for little animal heads on my limbs.

All...

...piled...

...on!

I DO NOT need another leather coat, but this is pretty fantastical.

Beautify that muffin top!

Always, anywhere, any time.

A Bedazzled beanie can do no wrong.

Ha!  Just want to make sure you're still paying attention!!!

Last but not least, I have NOTHING in my wardrobe remotely close to this,
and maybe it's my inner JLO coming out, but I think I need it.
NEED IT!!!

Donatella and crew have done a great job blending past with present as many of the looks embody the spirit of Versace decades past wrapped up with current trends - which may have been what piqued my interest.  In case you missed the mention above (hellooo?!?!) the collection hits stores Nov. 17th.  You can view the complete collection and prices here!  Hope everyone makes it out of stores alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment