Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Who I Am and What I've Done


Yours Truly

Three posts in and I thought I should tell you a little bit about myself considering you are nice enough to stop by and read my blog.  Thanks!  As previously mentioned I just moved from LA to NYC with my boyfriend and little puggle, Miley.  We live in an adorable apartment on the Upper East Side.

Boy.

Dog.


I have a Bachelors degree in Communications from Temple University, as I originally wanted to peruse pursue a career in broadcast journalism and an Associates degree in Merchandise Product Development from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, as I then fell in love with fashion.  
I have two older sisters and together we are just like the Kardashians.  Well, except for the fact that neither one of my sisters spends more than 5 minutes on their hair, wear no more than a few simple strokes of makeup, and don't pay much attention to fashion.  I am the a bit of the blacksheep in this family!  We also aren't as incredibly rich and bootylicious, but we like to think we're just as amusing and equally hilarious.  We've been told we have a similar relationship with our mother (I think we're nicer!) who isn't quite the momager Kris Kardashian is - damn momma I could have been famous!! - but we love her all the same.  


The girls and the NEW BOY!

Last December we added something new to the family to switch things up - a baby boy.  Colin is my oldest sister's first child and he is absolutely to die for.  The proofs in the pudding:

Exhibit A:  Yes, he is ALWAYS this cute. 

Exhibit B:  I pay good money for lashes like these...

Apart from my family, I have had many great experiences in life.  So far I've lived in three major cities, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and now New York.  My broad education has allowed me to work some pretty awesome jobs.  I have worked in the office of Jennifer Lopez Enterprises,  assisted in event planning for the Dolce Group (Les Deux, Geisha House, etc.), helped to run celebrity stylist Ken Paves's beauty empire, researched and helped conduct interviews for the Style Network, and worked as a fashion stylist for HauteLook.com.  All of this has brought me to where I am today.  My goal in life now is to work in trend forecasting and reporting in the crazy fashion world of NYC.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment